Hair loss is one of the various problems that every individual can face, regardless of age or gender. Thanks to the developing technology, it is quite easy to get rid of this problem. You no longer have to worry about seeing hair on your comb. Today, hair transplant is a method preferred by millions of people and it is performed quite often in Istanbul. These are what you must know about the hair transplant before having a hair transplant operation:
- Hair transplant is not just an aesthetic operation for men. Hair sparseness, known as male pattern hair loss, starting from the forehead to the back of the hair is related to men. However, most women also prefer the hair transplant to increase their hair density.
- Not every person who experiences hair loss needs a hair transplant. It is quite natural for our hair to fall out as we get older. Each individual experience 50 – 100 hair strands of loss per day. However, if this number increases, it may cause the baldness problem. If your hair does not have excessive sparseness or if it does not create an aesthetic defect, you do not need a hair transplant.
- There are many methods to transplant hair follicles to the sparse area during the hair transplant. The most preferred methods today are: FUE hair transplant and DHI hair transplant.
- “Is hair transplant painful?”. It is one of the frequently asked questions by patients who decide to have a hair transplant. During the hair transplant operation, the patient is under the effect of local anesthesia. Therefore, he/she does not feel any pain during the operation. The comfort level of the operation is high. The patient is conscious during the hair transplant operation, he/she can listen to music or even read a book.
- “Is hair transplant permanent?” is another frequently asked question. Hair transplant is a serious operation that must be performed by specialist doctors in the field. There is no place for errors, they are irreparable. If you choose the right clinic and doctor, hair transplant will be permanent.
How is Hair Transplant Performed?
Every clinic has the same answer to the question “How is hair transplant performed?”. Before the hair transplant operation, the patient is examined by our specialist doctors. It is determined whether he/she is a suitable candidate for the hair transplant operation. The number of hair follicles that the patient needs is determined. Then, he/she is taken to the sterile operation room, and local anesthesia is applied to him/her by our anesthetists. After local anesthesia is applied, the patient does not feel any pain in the area where the hair follicles will be extracted during the operation. Then, the required amount of hair follicles is extracted from the donor area. The extracted hair follicles are separated, and they are taken into special solutions. Then, local anesthesia is applied to the area where the hair will be transplanted. The necessary channels are opened for the hair follicles. Hair follicles that are resistant to fall out are transplanted to these areas and that way, the hair transplant operation is performed.
The Price of Hair Transplant
As with any aesthetic operation, it is impossible to give the patient an exact price without an examination. While determining the price of hair transplant, the number of hair follicles that the patient needs is the determining factor. However, the number of doctors working during the operation is also important in determining the price. After the patient who wants to have a hair transplant is examined by our specialist doctors, the best price is determined and the answer to your “How much hair do I need for a hair transplant?” question can be given to you. Patients who want to have a hair transplant in Istanbul can contact us to get maximum service for the lowest prices. Just like other operations, hair transplant operations are performed by our specialist doctors, nurses and anesthetists. We are proud to offer all of our services for years to serve you the best way we can. You can visit our clinic to learn about our doctors’ experiences, references and their successful operations.